Friday, July 4, 2008

A walk...

So today, I decided to go for a walk about town.
Just for kicks.

As I was walking past the park, some weirdo looked at me with a look that said
"Who do YOU think you are? I am so much hotter than you!"

The funny thing was, that she definitely, certainly, was not. Now, don't get me wrong, I am by no means arrogant. I do feel rather good about my appearance today, but I certainly don't fancy myself a super model. This girl was short, wore about 3 pounds too much makeup, and was much too fluffy for the fashion top she had on.

She smirked at me as if she knew something awful about me, but I'm pretty sure that there is nothing too awful to know. She whispered something to her friend as I walked by, and then they seemed to share some kind of "laugh" together.

Good for them.

Soon after that, I was passing my old house, and it was an unpleasant feeling. There was a boy playing in the yard, and I couldn't help but remember my little sister doing the same thing. That house is probably the one I have been most emotionally attached to. A lot of things happened there. Alot of crying, a lot of laughing, a lot of getting through the hardest part of my life.

I have so many memories there... with my family, with the BF, with myself. There were firsts, lasts, and more than one revelation. Seeing someone else's minivan in the drive way makes me want to burst in through the front door and say

"Do you even know what has happened here?"

Obviously, they could not care less. They would look at me like a wild woman, and they would be right if I were to do that.

More pain, and more love was experienced in that house than any other in my life. I changed, I grew, I grew to love my family more deeply. I found the love of my life, and many, many fond memories we have are in that house.

It almost feels like something I own is stuck in that house, and I don't want them to have it. I want to take it with me, but it's embedded in the walls, in the floors, the ceilings, the trees outside...beside the furnace.

I know that I have the memories, and they are terrible and wonderful, and I will keep them always. Somehow though, I wish I could steal the house away, and keep it for myself, whenever I wanted it.

No comments: