Thursday, July 17, 2008

ooh boy.

anyone who knows me, knows i have great, fantastic love for my manfriend. he is spectacular. but, every once in a while, i realize a little more just how great he is.

like a tiny moment where i just go "wow... is he real, like, for real?"

it might be something small he does...from a look, to a smile, to a touch, to a few sweet words.

sometimes i hear about the troubles that other people have, and i just feel incredibly lucky. i feel lucky that my man wants to spend a lot of time with me. lucky that he listens, even when i know the topic bores him to death. lucky that even on my grossest, laziest day, he still treats me as though i am as beautiful as any other day.

i feel lucky to have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold, and a person to laugh with.

i feel lucky to know i can trust him, know i can depend on him anytime, for anything.

i can call him, crying my eyes out, and we can just sit there on the phone, not saying anything at all, and just knowing he is on the other end of the line is comfort.

i always thought that finding "the one" was about compromise.

"i love him for x so i can deal with y"

i never thought that you could find someone and just think, there is literally nothing i would change. are there little things that can make me a little irritated at times? sure. but that is all part of how and why i love him. i think of everything i could ever want in someone, and its there, in him.

it's pretty much kick-ass.